Inaris DVB / IPTV Middleware
The Inaris Middleware is a modular solution for DVB / IPTV and can be used in all kinds of devices supporting TV functionality. It comes with the reference application TVolution and includes popular features like HbbTV, EPG, Teletext, Subtitling, SAT>IP and UPnP.
This page addresses the feature set and use cases of the Inaris Middleware which is available for Linux and Android TV devices.
Flexible Use in All Kinds of Devices
For DVB/IPTV and Hybrid STBs supporting multiple tuners including PVR functionality.
As DVB/IPTV client (e.g. via SAT>IP or UPnP) to show live or recorded TV content
To provide TV services within a home network for multiple clients.
Streaming TV content inside a car to a mobile client or a rear seat entertainment unit.
Shorten Your Time-to-Market
Modular and Flexible Architecture
To allow you to adapt and enhance our solutions to your needs.
Reduced porting effort due to an abstraction layer for operating system and hardware.
CA System Support
Several CA systems have been integrated and passed the certification process successfully.
Easy Integration and Configuration
To facilitate the deployment and minimize development costs.
To allow the usage of different GUI technologies.
Live TV Sources
Automatic and Manual
Favourite Lists, LCN
Picture in Picture
Consumer Electronics Control
Grid and List View
Streaming Live TV & Recordings
System Software Update
in DVB Systems
CA System Support
We and our customers have integrated several CA systems:
- Application includes the user interface. With TVolution TARA offers a reference application which is used in several products.
- Inaris DVB/IPTV Core covers the core TV functionality incl. channel scan, channel management, EPG, parental control and PVR.
- CA Systems interface and rights management enables integration of content protection systems.
- HbbTV Solution is a modular extension to allow HbbTV feature.
- Teletext Decoder supports up to level 2.5 specification.
- Subtitle Decoder is an optional extension to display subtitles.
- SAT>IP components realise SAT>IP server and/or SAT>IP client functionality.
- Inaris Abstraction Layer enables a flexible solution running on different platforms. It consists of a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and an OS Abstraction Layer (OSAL).
- Hardware Layer is provided from SoC manufacturer and extended by specific drivers of the HW vendor. It includes OS (e.g. Linux), drivers and codecs.
TARA's digital TV reference application is based on the modular Inaris Middleware, combined with a feature-rich user interface application. TVolution is intended as reference implementation and easy startup for customer projects, and also has been deployed in several products on the market.
The easy-to-customize graphical user interface has been realised with TARA's GUI solution Embedded Wizard and is available with three skin variants.
A Selection of Supported Platforms
A Selection of Inaris Customers
TARA's framework of guidelines, processes, methods and tools for embedded software engineering constitutes an enormous advantage over its competition.